Choose one exactly answer because that each inquiry below and circle the matching letter.
You are watching: Can a pca give a rectal suppository
11- as a personal Care Assistant, you:
COMMUNICATION Mark the adhering to true or false. 14. In the home, that is important to it is in a an excellent listener
Choose one correct answer for each question below and also circle the corresponding letter. 17. Which of the following is important in interaction with people:
20. Miss out on Harris, a an individual Care Assistant, is assigned to care for Mr. Goodway. Miss out on Harris notices that she feels an extremely angry as soon as she is through Mr. Goodway. What should miss Harris do due to the fact that she feel this way?
21. A patient accuses a personal Care Assistant that stealing 5 dollars. The PCA has not bring away the patient’s money, but the patient does not believe this. What should the PCA do?
OBSERVATION, REPORTING and DOCUMENTATION mark the following true or false. 22. If you perform not graph a job that you perform for a patient, legally, that was not done
23. If the patient has actually a brand-new area that skin breakdown, and also the nurse is comes in 2 days, you carry out not should report the skin break down to your supervisor.
24. A rapid pulse and shortness that breath in a patient usually indicates the patient is excited and does not should be reported to the nurse.
Choose one exactly answer because that each question below and also circle the matching letter. 25. The patient speak you he has not moved his bowels in 3 days. What need to you do?
26. I m sorry of these actions is the personal Care Assistant permitted to take in relationship to medicine administration?
28. A patient’s prescription for her pills has actually recently to be changed. The home wellness PCA should notify the firm supervisor instantly if the patient provides which of these comments?
29. Mr. Rand, who has actually diabetes and also takes insulin regularly, speak the personal Care Assistant the she feels an extremely nervous and also jittery. What need to the PCA do immediately?
READING and also RECORDING TEMPERATURE, PULSE and also RESPIRATION"S mark the following true or false. 30. Always report a pulse rate if the beats per minute space under 60 or end 100
31. The temperature of one unconscious patient must be bring away orally due to the fact that they room not relocating about.
32. Record a patient’s “TPR” or an essential signs is not necessary as long as friend remember what castle were
Choose one exactly answer for each inquiry below and circle the matching letter. 33. Because that which, if any, of these body areas is 99.6 levels F. A regular temperature?
INFECTION CONTROL Mark the complying with true or false. T=True F=False 36. Hand washing is the solitary best means to to decrease the deliver of pathogens
Choose one exactly answer because that each inquiry below and circle the equivalent letter. 39. Throughout a visit, you have to wash your hands after removing gloves:
BODY FUNCTIONS and CHANGES mark the complying with true or false. T=True F=False 41. Diarrhea can cause dehydration and other severe complications and should be reported
42. If a human complains that pain, that is vital to have the patient describe the pain and then report it to the nurse and record it in her notes
43. It’s typical for most civilization to complain that pressure, swelling, or bloating in your ankles, feet, stomach or legs
Choose one correct answer for each concern below and also circle the equivalent letter. 44. If you notice the patient’s catheter is not draining, the first thing you should do is:
46. Mrs. Morris has not had a bowel activity for three days. She has constantly given herself an enema if she does not have actually a bowel motion for that lengthy a time. Mrs. Morris asks the personal Care Assistant to provide her one enema. What have to the PCA do?
MAINTENANCE OF A CLEAN, safe ENVIRONMENT Mark the adhering to true or false. T=True F=False 47. Bedrails have to never be supplied to secure vest restraints
Choose one exactly answer because that each inquiry below and circle the corresponding letter. 49. Part of her duties together a personal Care Assistant room to guarantee a safe residence environment. This includes:
50. A patient is receiving oxygen with a sleep cannula. What security precautions need to the an individual Care Assistant take?
EMERGENCY PROCEDURES Mark the adhering to true or false. T=True F=False 51. Because that an injury with profuse bleeding, apply pressure and call because that assistance
52. If the patient starts to have actually a seizure, your first responsibility is to prevent the patient from injuring himself
53. If the patient falls and complaints of pain in his hip, girlfriend should assist him to obtain up and walk to the bed
Choose one correct answer because that each question below and circle the matching letter.
See more: How Many Celery Sticks In A Cup ? How Many Celery Sticks Make A Cup
54. A patient is throttle on some object the is captured in his airway. Prior to first-aid measures are applied, uncover out:
55. While providing a bathtub on a shower head chair, the patient all of sudden gasps and becomes unresponsive. The personal Care Assistant should:
c.Lower the patience to the floor, call for the household to speak to 911, determine if CPR is needed and also initiate that if indicated
57. The telephone numbers of every one of the adhering to are crucial to a patient. I m sorry number must the personal Care Assistant have next to the telephone?
HUMAN DEVELOPMENT Mark the complying with true or false. T=True F=False 58. Every patient is the same and also has the exact same needs and wants
59. It is all appropriate to use any kind of item in the residence without asking as lengthy as it is for the patient’s personal care
Choose one correct answer because that each inquiry below and circle the matching letter. 61. A neighbor has asked you some questions about the patient you are presently taking treatment of. “Mrs. Cooler is dying, isn’t she?” how will girlfriend answer her?
64. That is Mrs. Morris’s usual time because that lunch, yet she states she is not hungry yet. This is the an initial time that Mrs. Morris has actually made this form of statement. What have to the home wellness PCA do?
b.Tell Mrs. Morris to let the PCA recognize when she desires to eat, and also remind her that it is important that she have actually lunch
d.Tell Mrs. Morris that it took a many time to prepare the food and also that she must eat the while that is fresh
65. The capability to make monitorings is more important as soon as working v infants and also young youngsters than the is as soon as working v adults. The chief factor for this is the infants and young children:
PERSONAL CARE Mark the following true or false. T=True F=False 66. It is important to save a patient covered throughout a bed bath except for the component being washed
67. Massaging the bony prominences help to avoid skin break down by increasing the blood it is provided to the area
68. When providing peri-care come a patient after a BM, wash using a front to earlier motion in order no to spread fecal material to various other areas
Choose one correct answer for each question below and circle the corresponding letter 69. When giving the patient a bath, if the water is also hot, it can injure (burn) the who skin. If that is as well cold, it can chill the person. Because of this you must test the water temperature before beginning the bath by:
73. In providing foot treatment to a patient who has actually diabetes, the an individual Care Assistant may take i m sorry of these actions?
SAFE TRANSFER techniques AND AMBULATION Mark the adhering to true or false. T=True F=False 74. Constantly transfer a patient in the direction of his great side
Choose one exactly answer for each question below and also circle the equivalent letter 77. A patient lying ~ above his ago has slid under in bed and also needs assist in relocating up again. To start this, the patient should, if possible:
80. A patience who has been ~ above bed rest is to get up in a chair. The personal Care Assistant helps the patient to sit top top the edge of the bed. The patience says, “I to be dizzy.” What must the PCA do?
Time is Up!