This write-up is part of the series Top 5 Spanish Slang native Searched ~ above Google wherein we attribute a full list examples for:
1. Spanish slang for friend2. Spanish slang for weed3. Spanish slang for white person4. Spanish slang because that cool5. Spanish slang for girl
Spanish slang because that friend is the very first suggestion the Google provides you as soon as you form in the phrase “Spanish slang for” in the find box. So, permit me tell you that there are a lot of words. Because that example, the Diccionario de Americanismos list 140 terms! ns did my research using every the sources of my Spanish slang library and here is a perform of a an excellent amount of Spanish words used in Latin America to describe a close friend or dude. All in one place!
Amigo is the usual generic translate into for friend in Spanish and also from that word girlfriend can acquire some sports such as amigazo, amigocho (Mexico), amigui (Chile) and amigucho. But if you desire to blend v locals, friend should think about some words indigenous this list:
53 instances of Spanish Slang because that Friend
1. Acere: Cuba
2. Alero: This is the Spanish word for “eaves,” however can average friend in Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador.
You are watching: How to say homie in spanish
3. Bonco: it is provided in Cuba to describe a close friend or also attractive men
4. Bróder or brother: Venezuela, Peru, Honduras, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Panama, Dominican Republic and Ecuador usage the Spanish adaption bróder, however Puerto Rico and also Bolivia use the English “brother” follow to the Diccionario de Americanismos.
5. Broster: from words “brother” in Peru
6. Buey: This is the Spanish for “ox,” yet also way friend in Mexico and also Nicaragua.
7. Cabro: Costa Rica
8. Cabrón: Mexico, Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras and also Nicaragua.
9. Carnal: Mexico, Guatemala, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Argentina and Venezuela.
10. Causa: Peru
11. Chamo: Venezuela
12. Chero: Honduras and El Salvador
13. Choche or chochera: Peru
14. Chómpiras: Mexico
15. Cobio: Cuba
16. Collera: a team of near friends in Peru
17. Compa: it is a convulsion from compañero and it is supplied in Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Argentina and also Costa Rica.
18. Coño de madre: Venezuela
19. Consorte: Cuba, Puerto Rico
20. Cuaderno: Mexico
21. Cuadro: Colombia
22. Cuate: i though the this to be a Mexican only word, yet it surprised me that it is likewise used in Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Venezuela, Bolivia and also Paraguay follow to the Diccionario de Americanismos.
23. Cúmbila: Cuba
24. Diablo: offered in Venezuela (among gangs)
25. Ecobio: Cuba
26. El mío: Venezuela
27. Fren: Panama. Indigenous the English “friend.”
28. Gallada: Peru, Colombia
29. Gancho: This word method “hook” in Spanish, however it is used in Chile as “friend” or “buddy.”
30. Gauche: Venezuela
31. Gomía: This word is developed by an altering the syllable order of “amigo” in Argentina.
32. Güey: In Mexico offered as a noun is “friend,” yet it additionally can be supplied as one interjection to express surprise
33. Hermano or hermana: This one is used almost in all Latin America: Guatemala, Panama, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Colombia, Venezuela, Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia, Paraguay, Argentina, Uruguay, Honduras, Nicaragua, Chile and also less provided in Costa Rica.
34. Llave, llavería or llavero: Colombia
35. Llave: Dominican Republic, Venezuela and also North the Colombia
36. Mae: Costa Rica
37. Manito: Nicaragua and Dominican Republic, Mexico
38. Mano: Guatemala, Nicaragua, Bolivia and also Panama.
39. ñaño or ñaña: Peru and Northwest that Argentina
40. ñero or ñera: It is short for compañero or compañera and is offered in Mexico, Honduras, El Salvador, Venezuela and also Colombia (North and also Southwest)
41. Pana fuerte: Puerto Rico
42. Pana: Mexico, Panama, Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, Venezuela, Ecuador, Bolivia (West), Honduras, El Salvador and Nicaragua.
43. Panadería: Venezuela
44. Panaful: Dominican Republic
45. Panita: Puerto Rico and also Ecuador
46. Parce: Colombia
47. Parcero: Colombia and Ecuador
48. Pasiero: Panama
49. Pata: Cuba, Peru, Boliva (Souhwest) and also Chile
50. Primo: Honduras, Mexico, Costa Rica and Eastern Boliva
51. Vale: north of Colombia and Venezuela
52. Won: from the word “huevón” in Peru.
53. Yunta: Nicaragua, Cuba, Bolivia, Chile, Paraguay, Argentina, Uruguay, Venezuela and also Peru
There are plenty of much more words, however I think this perform will provide you a good taste from all over Latin America. If you desire to know an ext Spanish slang for friend examine the speaking Latino online dictionary here.
See more: How Big Is A 14&Quot; Pizza, What Is The Waist Size On A Size 14 Pair Of Jeans
In the next articles of this series The height 5 Spanish Slang native Searched top top Google i will offer you the list for weed, white person, cool and also girl.