The function of this experiment is to observe exactly how moisture, cooling temperature, and condensation nuclei beat a role in cloud formation.
You are watching: Two conditions are required for cloud formation
Hot and cold water
2. Swirl the water in the jar for one minute to enable some water to evaporate.
3. Large the open end of a rubber gloves over the mouth of the jar, with the gloves fingers hanging down into the jar.
4. Location a rubber band around the mouth that the jar to secure the glove.
5. Revolve on the lamp so the shines v the jar.
6. Insert your hand right into the glove. Pull conveniently outward without disturbing the jar"s seal. Document your observations.
7. Quickly push her hand earlier down right into the jar. Record your observations.
8. Very closely remove the gloves from the jar.
9. Fall a lit enhance into the jar and also quickly seal it again with the rubber glove as before.
10. Insert her hand right into the glove. Pull quickly outward without disturbing the jar"s seal. Document your observations.
11. Repeat the entire procedure using hot tap water instead of cold water.
Water vapor is produced as water heats under the lamp. Swirling the water also assist water molecules to move into the air from the waters surface.
When you traction the gloves out that the jar, the air pressure is lowered inside the jar. The jar consists of the same number of air molecules, but they have much more space between them (they are much less dense). Molecule collide with each other less frequently and also slow down, leading to the air temperature to walk down.
When you push the rubber glove right into the jar, you are enhancing the wait pressure. The air becomes much more dense together the molecules room crowded together. This likewise causes the air to warmth up together molecules collide v each other much more often.
The exhilaration particles administer tiny nuclei on i beg your pardon water vapor molecules condense, once the waiting temperature cools. This forms a tiny cloud.
humidity - There must be adequate water vapor in the air to build a cloud.
Cooling waiting - The waiting temperature need to decrease sufficient for water vapor come condense.
See more: Smallest Branches Of The Bronchial Tree, Bronchi, Bronchial Tree, & Lungs
Condensation nuclei - tiny particles, invisible to the human being eye, such together dust, dirt, and pollutants, administer surfaces on which water molecules can gather and condense right into water droplets.