1. NH4Cl is one electrically neutral compound, for this reason the amount of theoxidation states should be zero.
2. Nitrogen is a team 5 element and also is assigned an oxidationstate of -3.
3. In that is covalent compounds v nonmetals, hydrogen isassigned an oxidation state the +1. There are 4 hydrogen atoms, socontributes a fee of +4.
4. The oxidation state of a monatomic ion is the very same as itscharge. Together a group 7 element, chlorine is assigned one oxidationstate that -1.
5. Adding up the oxidation states, -3, +4, -1, gives an overallcharge the 0.
Wiki User∙ 9y ago
This price is: